Monday, October 4th, 2021
Halloween is coming and we know that many students will arrive at school in wild, imaginative, and creative costumes! This marks at important time to re-visit our expectations as a district regarding what kind of costumes may be worn at school.
All costumes must:
• Be respectful of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, physical or mental ability, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression
• Cover the body appropriately
• Not include guns, knives, or other weapons (including play weapons)
• Not include blood and gore
• Not advertise or promote drugs, alcohol, tobacco, pornography, or intimidation
In addition, all behavior while in costume must be aligned with your school’s Code of Conduct. If you are not sure your costume meets the above criteria, please speak with your classroom teacher, or school principal, ahead of time.
We look forward to hearing about your school celebrations!
For more information:
Trish Smillie, Superintendent of Schools